If you are feeling pressed for time this Fourth of July, maybe you are busy grilling outside, or just don’t want to turn on your oven because it is so darn HOT, this is the perfect easy dessert for you to whip up for the Independence day festivities.
All you need:
1. Loaf of angel food cake (if you are feeling decadent you can use pound cake too)
2. Package of Strawberries(can be replaced with raspberries if you have some on hand)
3. Pint of blueberries
4. Whipped cream (or cool whip, or reddi-whip whatever floats your boat)
Thinly slice the angel food cake, and layer with sliced strawberries, whipped cream I like to add vanilla and honey to my whipped cream), another slice of angel food cake, more whipped cream and finish off with blueberries!! How simple is that!? This will come together in ten minutes! Perfect for last minute guests or if you don’t feel like making something from scratch!
Here are some other Fourth of July desserts I think look fabulous!
1. Flag Cake from Taste of Home (every click on this link donates 10 cents to the USO!)
2. How cute are these?! Mini Cupcake Kebabs from Celebrations
3. Annie’s Eats Star Spangled Apple Pie
What dessert will you be making this 4th of July!?